Minden Press-Herald

Thursday
Oct 02nd

Investigator: Faulty AC unit may be fire culprit

DSC 0001

DUBBERLY — C.J.'s Diner and Casino on Hwy. 532 is closed for business, at least temporarily, following a fire Tuesday morning.

Fire District 10 responded to the call around 7:30 a.m. Minden Fire Department was called for mutual aid around 7:45. Minden Assistant Fire Chief and fire investigator Tommy John Hughes says the fire appears to have started in an air conditioning unit in the back of the restaurant.

Fans from the unit continued to blow the fire and smoke through the ductwork into other parts of the building. Smoke and water damage was extensive. The building was evacuated and there were no reports of injury.

 

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Facebook

Who's Online

We have 1188 guests and 2 members online